For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
I have come to appreciate this scripture more and more as I have gotten older. Thanks to a certain lady that I hold in very high regard, this scripture has been drilled into me over and over again. I never knew that when scared quoting a scripture would give me peace of mind, but it has tremendously. Any time I feel the slightest bit afraid, I quote this scripture, until fear subsides. I don't just say it to myself though. I quote the scripture out loud, for a few reasons. The first reason being fear is a spirit that is not of God. Spirits that aren't of God can't read your mind, so unless you verbalize what you think, then they have no way of knowing. The second reason being that in the Bible it talks about having faith, and it says that if you have the smallest ounce of faith you can say to your mountain move and it will move away from you. The Bible didn't say if you thought the word move or if you said the word move in your mind, or subconscious. The Bible said if you SAY move, you have to verbalize once again.
So next time when you feel frightened, scared, confused, or upset; try quoting this scripture and see if it doesn't help. Don't forget to say it out loud when you quote it otherwise the spirit of fear, confusion, etc. has no clue what you are thinking and therefore won't be affected as much as if you said it out loud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment