and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."
Jesus was talking to the people and telling them "become as little children." I never really understood this growing up, I couldn't figure out why Jesus would want adults to be like little children. As I read the scripture again as a teenager/ young adult, I realized why Jesus told them to "become as little children."
Little children have greater faith than adults, we have great faith as a child, but the older we get the less faith we tend to have. As children we believe in the tooth fairy, santa, the Easter bunny, and all sorts of stuff that we never can "see". Children don't question what they can't see most of the time because the tend to have a greater faith. Some children have seen angels, and other supernatural things we as adults can't see. My cousins little boy saw and angel and when his mom turned around she saw nothing and this was a 2 yr. old child at the time, who thought he was seeing his daddy after his daddy had left and gone to work. I saw things when I was a small child. My little sisters saw angels as children. We as adults aren't in tune with our faith enough. Small children walk by faith and not by sight better than adults. That's why Jesus was telling the people "become as little children." We as adults and the people of God need to learn to better ourselves at walking by faith and not by sight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment